Recipe: Pear & Bacon Grilled Cheese
Pears have hit the Fort Collins-Loveland Farmers Market and although pears are great as-is, we have a recipe for you that puts a fun spin on the traditional grilled cheese sandwich!
Pear & Bacon Grilled Cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons jam (Our recipe calls for currant or fig jam, but make sure to ask one of our amazing jam vendors for a recommendation!)
- 2 slices bread (Preferably one of our bread vendors!)
- 2 slices Cheddar
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 1/4 pear, thinly sliced (From one of our fruit vendors!)
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Spread the jam on 1 slice of bread and form a sandwich with the cheese, bacon and pear.
- Cook the sandwich, covered, until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted —2-3 minutes per side.